Swim Camp Philosophy
Best Darn Swim Camp's Seminar is about teaching swimmer's healthier and more natural movements. The end results allow each swimmer the ability to swim faster, with more power, and with more control in the water.
Our base platform focuses on:
- Land Exercises
- In-Water Exercises
- Lecture Sessions & Seminars
- Minimum of 12 hours for each camp
- Coaches are invited to attend at no fee
The Best Darn Swim Camps are high-density learning experiences, and are unlike other camp experience. Swimmers have sessions where they do exercises, in and out of the water, that change movement patterns and stroke skills. Swimmers leave the camp with a deeper understanding of swimming, and with ideas that can “help them to help themselves” when they return to their own team and coaches.
The Best Darn Swim Camps offer camps in the following states and areas:
Swim Camp Details
- AFFORDABLE - Camp fees, reduced travel to the camp sites, by taking the camps to local sites.
- QUALITY TIME - Each camp will include 12 hours of instruction.
- AGE - 11 & younger can attend our intro swim camp sessions where offered. All other camps are for ages 12 & older.
- MANAGEABLE SIZE - Minimum camp size is 20 and a maximum of 40 swimmers, depending upon the diversity of age and ability of the campers
- COACHES - 100% of the camp is run personally by Milt Nelms and is adapted to the make-up of the campers. (Milt has worked the best swimmers in the world to help them improve their performances, designs beginning competitive swimmer programs, and also works to help people overcome lifelong fear of the water. He can adjust instruction to any level of competitive swimmer).
- CUTTING EDGE - Focus on healthier and more natural movements within the strokes (anecdotal reports by swimmers and coaches are that Milt's methods reduce typical swimming pain and injury)
- LEARN - The swimmers will learn by moving, but the camp is not a training camp. Swimmers are asked to rest and recover between sessions.
- ALL LEVELS - All levels of swimmers are accommodated-whether new and seasonal, or on an elite track.
- COACH INVOLVEMENT - Coaches are the operative individuals in the success of their athletes. Coaches of registered campers are encouraged to attend and are briefed and debriefed by Mr. Nelms each day. (coaches must attend all sessions)